Girls’ independent day school, grades 5 – 8
Matthew Fitzsimons, Head of School
Gina Bolduc, Director of Admissions
Maricele Riemann, Graduate Support Program Director
Grace Academy is an independent, interfaith, tuition-free middle school for girls from underserved families in the city of Hartford. We transform the lives of our students by providing them with individualized attention, a challenging and diverse academic program, and a safe and inspiring environment that prepares girls to succeed in high school, college and life.
With an average class size of 15, Grace Academy offers a highly personal approach to education which encourages independent thinking and responsible decision making. Grace Academy’s caring and committed faculty, staff and volunteers strive to engage each student’s intellectual curiosity, and to challenge each student to test her abilities. As a result, students are outperforming many of their peers by the time they graduate and matriculate into high performing private and magnet college preparatory high schools.
Grace Academy’s key goals are the following:
1. Promote the development of the whole person in a caring, inter-faith environment.
2. Engage students in a rigorous, supportive academic program that motivates graduates to succeed in high school and to pursue higher education.
3. Challenge students to use higher order thinking skills, especially critical and creative thought, to adapt to a world of change.
4. Build a strong school community by partnering with the parents, guardians and other caregivers in their child’s education.
5. Create role models by teaching students to set examples for others and reach out to the broader community through service.